Congratulations for buying your first electric scooter! It’s now time that you learn how to ride it like a pro.
There are a variety of electric scooters on the market and each of the scooters has its own precaution tips and guide. If it’s your first time to ride an electric scooter, you need to get all the necessary tips that will assist you to ride it smoothly and avoid any accident from occurring. It will teach you on how to balance on electric scooter for commuting and learning to ride an electric scooter.
This guide provides the necessary tips that can assist you to ride your scooter safely.
Electric Scooter Riding Tips: Step by Step
Are electric scooters hard to ride? I believe that electric scooters are not hard to ride. It’s just like riding a bike. Just follow the guide and you’re going to enjoy a safe and revitalizing ride on your scooter.
Step 1: Place your electric scooter’s wheels down on a flat ground. Always try to be gentle and never intend to rush your scooter. Also, wear safety gears such as helmets.
Step 2: Unlock the electric scooter by pressing a switch or activating a key. There are other electric scooters that don’t have any locking structure and that is okay.
Step 3: Ensure that the kickstand has not popped up. Most new riders forget about it
Step 4: Turn on the electric scooter by pressing the button. There are advanced scooters with a LED display that can assist you to notice the hub and you can be able to see all the activities happening in your scooter.
Step 5: The next thing to ensure that your scooter is moving is to engage the throttle that is normally located on the right side of the handlebars for various electric scooters. The throttle will take you to your destination.
Step 6: Don’t engage the throttle if you’ve not familiarized well with the break system of your scooter. Most scooters have extremely sensitive breaks that are mainly used for emergency stops and tight corners. If you hit the accelerator faster, you may end up flying off and fall for an accident.
Things to consider while riding
- Avoiding Accidents
Safety is of paramount significance when you’re riding your electric scooter. Thus, you need to ride your scooter and ensure that you go home and back safely. It is also essential that you teach your kids on tips of avoiding accidents when they’re riding their best electric scooters for kids.
- Ride it alone and don’t bring another person with you. Most electric scooter can’t handle the weight of more than a single individual. Therefore, you’re advised to ride it alone or you risk falling for an accident.
- Don’t try to do turns in the air and stunts on your scooter or stick it with other cars as they’re light and can’t handle the unwanted pressure.
- Don’t permit your friends to push you from the back when you’re riding as it may cause you to lose control and cause an accident.
- Always follow traffic restrictions and rules of your locality for safe riding
- Ride slowly and avoid becoming a pro rider overnight
- Riding during the rainy season is not advisable as it is slippery and you can easily fall.
- If you insist on riding during the rainy seasons, you need to be very careful when you’re passing through the rail line as they’re made up of metal that slips easily when its wet.
Check the Condition of the Scooter
- Before going for a ride, you should double check the situations of your tires
- If the scooter comes with a screen or visor, ensure that it is kept clear all the time
- Stay focused at all the time and be careful on the roads
- Use the rear brakes
- Utilize the breaks gently
- Try to clean your scooter before you ride it
Stay Calm and Relaxed
- Never panic in any situation but instead stay calm and relaxed while on the road. In case of an accident, don’t try to protect your scooter but always ensure that you look at away of falling off without injuring yourself.
- Always wear safety gears while riding.